This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Monday, July 15, 2013

Rose Maynard Barton 19th Century Paintings

By Jennifer Hudson Taylor

#publicdomain, #vintageart

Rose painted watercolor images of landscapes, street scenes, gardens, children, and various illustrations in England and Ireland. She was born in Dublin in 1856. Her paintings are in the public domain. Below are a few of my favorites.


Grandfather in the garden with his granddaughter

 Horseback riding on the beach

 Crowd enjoying the park and women carrying parasols

Street scene of carriage and people at Westminister

 Women walking in park

 Street scene of people waiting on Royalty 




2 comments:

These are beautiful! Every picture contains a story waiting to be told.

Louise, I agree. I think that is why I like them so much. I hope to post some more art, this time by Catherine Greenaway (aka, Kate Greenaway). Thank you for stopping by.