This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Monday, March 04, 2013

God's Faithful Promises - Nothing Can Separate Us From God's Love

By Jennifer Hudson Taylor

The first and greatest promise that I believe God wants us to know and understand is that He has PROMISED to LOVE us. This is not just a promise to His children--Christians--but to all mankind whether or not they choose to love Him back, acknowledge Him, or outright deny Him.

God is not a dictator. Everyone is free to accept or reject His love. Just because people choose to not love Him back, doesn't mean He stops loving them. Those of us who have experienced the pain of loving someone who refuses to love us back knows how painful this can be. He loves each of us--every sinner.

Here is a promise that has spoken volumes to me through betrayal, loss, disappointments, injuries, fear, failure, abuse, bankruptcy, poverty, tragedy, death, and loved ones with health conditions. Read it and reread it--slowly. Allow the profound depth of this promise sink into your heart and know that you know that you know YOU are loved by the creator of the universe.

"Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." (Romans 8:37-38)


There is not one thing that this verse doesn't cover. 
You can reject Him. He still loves you. 
You can deny Him. He still loves you. 

Read it again. 

Now listen!

And be blessed!

(Sorry about the ad at the beginning.)


8 comments:

"God is not a dictator. Everyone is free to accept or reject His love" I fully agree, and think that helps explain why bad thinks happen. We live in a sinful world.

An Arkies Musings

Jen, this is my favorite verse. Thank you for doing this!

Thanks Jen, this is my favorite verse. I appreciate what you're doing here.

Christ has shown that He loves us by dying for the world. His death on the cross purchased forgiveness and is offered to everyone! His love is everlasting! There is no greater love than this! I am looking forward to next week!

"…for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust." ~ Matthew 5:45

Excellent point about why bad things happen. God definitely didn't want us to be puppets. Free will is a wonderful gift that we often take for granted.

You're welcome, Debra. I came face-to-face with this verse about ten years ago when I was on my knees begging for help and understanding. It has become profound to me. I think it is my life verse.

Amen, Emma! There is no greater act of love than the self-sacrifice that Christ provided for all mankind.

No matter what, God loves us whether we like it or not! His unfailing love in acceptance of me is never ending!