Thursday, February 21, 2013

Join Me in Discovering God's Faithful Promises


I would like to invite you to join me each Monday for an in-depth biblical study of God's Faithful Promises. We will begin the series in March and carry through until May. This is not a formal study published from a specific ministry, but an honest and raw journey through the Bible to seek answers and understanding as the Holy Spirit leads.

I will be making references to verses from the NKJV, but you may feel free to follow along in whatever Bible translation you prefer. When God makes a promise to us, He may state that it is a promise or a covenant, or He may say "I will" or "I shall". This is a promise that He will do something and we can count on it.

You may have studied God's Faithful Promises before, but there are times when we need to be reminded or to have a deeper understanding as we hold on to hope for specific prayers to be answered. I am in that place right now in my life, and I invite you to join me on this journey.

Five years ago I wrote down 50 life prayers and have continued to pray these prayers for the past five years. Recently, I went through each one and realized that 12 of those prayers were answered with a yes, 15 were answered with a no, and 11 were partially answered. The rest are yet to be answered. Why am I doing this? Because one of those prayers was: "Lord, I pray my prayers are not in conflict with Your will for my life. Help me to be open to Your Holy Spirit so that I will know when and how to change or alter my prayers if necessary."

I prayed this because I recognize God's sovereignty in my life. He knows better than I what is best for me. What if some of those unanswered prayers are because I am praying for something that will lead me on a path where He doesn't want me to go? By re-evaluating my prayers, wants, goals and lining them up with His  promises, I can realign myself back into the protection of His will and continue to receive His blessings.

Some of my prayers are for other people--loved ones in my life--and I realize that God must work through free will of those people. It's a gift He has given them and He will not take it back. Therefore, I may need to pray for something more specific for them. Whatever I pray, it needs to be spirit-led.

Thank you for joining me! If you don't want to miss a post, be sure to subscribe using the buttons on the left sidebar of my blog.

Did you know? 


  • The word promise is mentioned in the Bible 127 times.
  • The word covenant is mentioned in the Bible 315 times.
  • I will is mentioned 1,744 times.
  • God will is mentioned 109 times.
  • The Lord will is mentioned 218 times
  • Christ will is mentioned 4 times.
  • Jesus will is mentioned 2 times.
  • I shall is mentioned 102 times.
  • God shall is mentioned 22 times.
  • Christ shall is mentioned 2 times.


All references are taken from the NKJV and are potential promises that God has made to us, depending on the context of the scripture. In other words, another person may have been saying "I will" or "I shall" and so we need to determine who is speaking and narrating. I will pull and discuss all references where God or Christ is the one speaking and making the promise. 

1 comments:

I am looking forward to this.