Thursday, December 06, 2012

Word of Inspiration: Jesus Knows Us Intimately

“I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep.” John 10:14-15

The Bible uses this analogy to compare Jesus as the shepherd and those who believe in Him as the sheep. He dwells in our hearts because that is where our soul is--the deepest part of us. In order to love us, He must intimately know us, and to return that love, we must know Him. He is the good shepherd because He takes the time to know us and loves us enough to die for us. It is necessary for Him to lay down his life for us, because it says that the Father knows Him. It doesn't say that the Father knows us. God is so holy that the natural born sin in us separates us from Him, but through the perfect blood of Jesus, the Father is able to know us and reconnect with us as before the fall of mankind. 

2 comments: