This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Word of Inspiration: Faith is Unseen

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

This is one of my favorite verses. In fact, for years I've had it taped to the bottom of my computer monitor as I worked year after year, praying and hoping, building faith that my books would one day be published. It wasn't something that was a reality, and with 122+ rejections from agents, family and friends began to wonder if I was chasing a pipe dream. Now it is a reality. Faith isn't something we can see, but it IS something we can hold onto. As children of God, we can take our dreams, ideas and concepts to Him, keep working and doing our part to make it a reality while we wait with patience and faith. When the time is right, God will make it a reality.

2 comments:

122+ rejection? I would have never guessed that! They sure missed out on publishing some wonderful books by rejecting you!

Thank you, Emma! You're so sweet to say that.