This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Word of Inspiration: Husbands Love Your Wives

“Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word,” Ephesians 5:25-26 

While there are many reasons for all the broken families our society is experiencing these days, I truly believe that if people would put God first in their relationships, more marriages and families would not only survive, but thrive. We live in a "me, me, me" generation, putting ourselves and our personal wants above everyone around us--even those we are supposed to love. We may be living the only lives God has given us, but our choices affect those around us. You don't have to sacrifice all your wants, but sacrificing some of them, to spend more time with your family might be enough to change your perspective on what you REALLY want. Each time you get ready to make a decision, stop and consider what Jesus would do.


0 comments: