This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Thursday, May 03, 2012

Word of Inspiration: You Need Courage to Seek Answers to Life

"Hear, my children, the instruction of a father, and give attention to know understanding; for I give you good doctrine: Do not forsake my law." (Proverbs 4:1-2) 

Think about your children, or nieces and nephews, or your friends' children. Have you ever had the desire to pick up a small child and hug them with delight or take them aside and give them a gift or the gift of advice--some wisdom that helped you? Throughout the Bible the Lord refers to Himself as our Father and we as His children--His "adopted" children. He didn't go through the trouble of having so many people write the Bible, sacrifice their lives to preserve it--for Himself. He already has this wisdom and knowledge. He did it for us. It's our instruction manual--our lifeline. It isn't a book of rules to make your life miserable. If you have the courage to seek it, the Bible, is the answer to many secrets in life. 

3 comments:

Amen to that..this inspires me to do my job today with confidence. Thanks! :)

Truly the Word is the only book that, as Eugene Peterson says, reads us as we read it.

Have a blessed Sunday - Marsha

Glad it's inspiring.

Marsha, I haven't thought of it like that. Thank you for sharing that piece of knowledge.