This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Word of Inspiration: Grace Is Given to the Humble

"Surely He scorns the scornful, but gives grace to the humble." (Proverbs 3:45)

Those who scorn people will be scorned themselves by others. It may not be right away, but there will come a time in every scorner's life when their own actions will come back on them. The only way to prevent this is to repent and change one's ways--to be more humble. The ways of the world believe that humbleness is weak, but in reality it takes more strength to be humble. It's harder to hold oneself in reserve when being scorned. It would be much easier to lash out and defend oneself. God is our defender and vengeance is His. Therefore, if we truly work on having a humble heart in a world that scorns humbleness, God will give us the grace we need to not only endure, but to overcome and be victorious.

3 comments:

Good word. Sometimes I think we scorn out of fear. Fear of rejection or fear of getting involved. God is faithful to change our hearts.
Blessings!

I was just thinking about this truth this morning! I've seen some sad cases of this happening in our church lately, and it breaks my heart. Damaging words do so much to quench faith and hope, which are two areas God wants us to thrive in. I hope I can be someone that speaks life to others so I can display a true portrait of who God has shown Himself to be in my own life.

In the writing journey, I think it's even more important to speak truth in a loving way and not scorn others. We are all at different places. It's hard work, and we all need encouragement along the way.