This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Word of Inspiration: YOU Have Eternal Value

“Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” (Psalm 73:25-26)

The spirit inside us craves nothing, but completeness in Jesus whether in heaven or on earth. Our flesh and physical heart desires different things, but they are mortal and will one day fail us. When things go wrong and everything seems to be going against you, concentrate on what REALLY matters. 

All the busy day-to-day stuff here on earth will fade. Your home and job are temporary. Your season is temporary. Where is your eternal value? When you compare everything else to that, nothing else matters. YOU are a son or daughter in Christ Jesus and YOU have eternal value, not what you accomplish or don't accomplish, not what you make or don't make, not who you friend or unfriend, not who you marry or don't marry. 

2 comments:

Thanks, Jennifer. We need to be reminded of that daily, and i am glad you did. Now, to take it with me all day, in all i do or say or think.ff

Thank you for posting this, Jennifer. This really struck a chord with me, and I think I really needed to hear it. God bless.