This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

New Blog Design to Reflect My Upcoming Books!

The Celtic design on my blog was perfect for my first two book releases set in 15th Century Scotland, for Highland Blessings and Highland Sanctuary. Now that I have some historical Quaker books and a new series set in colonial America coming out, I feel it's time to redesign my website/blog to something that would be inclusive to my upcoming books, as well as the first two.

I wanted the design to reflect a peaceful, calm setting where people who need faith and/or inspiration would feel welcome...perhaps drawn to the atmosphere here on my blog. I don't know if this new design accomplishes that for everyone who comes here to visit, but I believe it is closer to the mark than before.

As I walk through this journey that God has called me on, I'll be releasing a few nonfiction books on faith and inspiration. These will be self-published e-books, totally separate from my historical Christian fiction published through my traditional publishers. Some of these works will spring from my public speaking topics, so that I can offer you a more in-depth teaching of what I've learned through the testimonies of my life. I hope that some of what I share will help you minister to others in your own life and through the ministries God has called YOU to serve.


The first of these e-books will be, God's Word is Sovereign, a simple explanation for those who question the validity of the Bible as the Word of God, and a means for those in ministry who need a simple way to explain it to those to whom they minister. My goal is to bring about an understanding of sovereignty, a lost ideal in this day and age when one's self and man-made education is exalted much higher than it should be--even above God. As Christians, we MUST know WHY we believe what we believe, and be able to defend it when attacks come, because they WILL come.

While there are already a few published books such as The New Evidence that Demands a Verdict by Josh McDowell, these books are written by scholars who write in such a way that isn't...simple. Also, The Case for Christ by Les Strobel is an easier read, but it is more of a journalist's search for evidence that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, not the validity of the Bible itself. God's Word is Sovereign, will be an easy read for those new to their Christian faith, those exploring the Christian faith, teens who are just discovering themselves, and people in ministry who need inspiration and a simple way to help others understand their faith. 


The launch for this book will be late Spring 2012, and the price will be reasonable, less than $5.


2 comments:

Jennifer, I like your new website & love the beach scene. I am from SC and love to visit the beach. I also like the description of your new book. The sovereignty of God is one of the things I talk about in my book, The Book of Ruth-A Story of Love and Redemption. I totally believe in God's sovereign will in our lives. May God bless you as you share His word with others.

Thanks, Deborah! I love South Carolina beaches. Your book sounds great.