This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Thursday, September 01, 2011

Word of Inspiration: Fill Up the Tablet of Your Heart

"Let not mercy and truth forsake you. Bind them around your neck. Write them on the tablet of your heart, and so find favor and high esteem in the sight of God and man." (Proverbs 3:3-4)

It isn't so much the memorization of scriptures that will help us, but the knowledge of what those scriptures mean as we safeguard them in our hearts. There are many scriptures that I cannot quote word for word, and I may not remember which book or chapter in which they're located. Yet, when I'm in despair, my heart is aching, and I'm grieving and crying out to my Lord, those words will come to me out of the depths of my soul and I KNOW that I KNOW that I KNOW them. This is what I believe God means when He says write them on the tablet of your heart.

Don't feel bad if you can't memorize scripture, keep reading His word. Each time you read it, God is writing and imprinting His words onto your heart and making that imprint deeper and deeper until it is branded inside your soul. You may not be able to recall it in a casual conversation, but when you NEED it most, His word will be there to comfort you.


1 comments:

Jenn, this devotion really spoke to me this morning. I have a hard time memorizing scripture but I read my Bible daily.

I loved this, "Don't feel bad if you can't memorize scripture, keep reading His word. Each time you read it, God is writing and imprinting His words onto your heart and making that imprint deeper and deeper until it is branded inside your soul." That sums it all up! Thank you for your words this morning. Blessings to you!