This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Friday, September 23, 2011

Catching Up with My Readers & Some Exciting News!

First, I want to thank everyone for your prayers during the loss of my father-in-law last week. Your support and faith during a time when our family was grieving is greatly appreciated. We miss Winston, but we know he's in a better place, and we are learning to cope. Next month when his birthday rolls around will be a little hard. He and I often celebrated our birthdays together since his was on Halloween and mine is the day before. 

Now, for some upcoming good news! Highland Sanctuary releases in 2 weeks. I'm very excited to share with you that RT Book Reviews gave it 4 1/2 stars

Today is the first day of Autumn! My favorite season. This weekend my family will enjoy the fall by attempting to find our way through a corn maize. In a few weeks I'll attend the Renaissance Faire where I'll be signing books and wearing my 15th century highland gown. How do you plan to celebrate fall? 

On Monday, my newsletter will go out, you can subscribe to it in the gray box on the left side of my blog. Each quarter I produce a newsletter and draw a winner from the list of new subscribers who will have a choice of a signed copy of one of my books. The winner will be announced in the newsletter.

Also on Monday, my Highland Sanctuary Book Launch Contest begins! It will continue for 2 weeks and there will be lots of ways to enter the contest and win free gifts. This means there will be several winners! Gifts include free books (not just mine), tote bags, coffee mugs, assorted coffee, stationary, as well as Amazon, B&N and Chick-Fil-A gift cards. Details will be in Monday's blog post. Don't miss it!


If you're in the Greensboro area of North Carolina, I'll be at Barnes & Noble at Friendly Shopping Center on Saturday, Oct 8th (3-5 pm). I'll be signing copies of my books, offering a Q&A, and holding a drawing for a free basket of goodies, but you have to be present to win. We'll give out tickets as you enter the store for the drawing.

4 comments:

Autumn is my favorite season too. I cannot wait to start some cooking and bring back the fragrances of my childhood fall seasons like cinnamon.

Well, I just did all the things on your contest list and realized I'm three days early.

I just happened to notice some trees in fall color today. Love the sky this time of year too!

Enjoy your weekend.

Margaret, I know what you mean about memorable fragrances from childhood. Also, I love cinnamon.

Debra,

I'm sorry. You can still retweet and post on FB to be entered. Thank you for participating!