This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Meet Author Michelle Griep & Discover her Latest Novel, UnderCurrent

#Christianfiction

Please welcome Author Michelle Griep, who has a wonderful sense of humor and a love for great medievals and sci-fi. Although we didn't know each other at the time, we both share a teen history of of preferring interesting tales over parties. As a mother of four, Michelle's days are quite busy. 


Michelle, Thank you for joining us. I know you have a new book out, please tell us about it.


Undercurrent by Michelle Griep
People go missing every day. Many meet with foul play, some leave the social grid by choice, but others are never accounted for. Such is the fate of successful linguistics professor Cassie Larson. She leads a life her undergrad students hope to attain, until she tumbles into the North Sea and is sucked into a swirling vortex…and a different century.

Alarik, son of a Viking chieftain, is blamed for a murder he didn’t commit—or did he? He can’t remember. On the run, saving a half-drowned foreign woman wasn’t in his plans.

Ragnar is a converted pagan shunned by many but determined to prove his Cousin Alarik’s innocence. He didn’t count on falling in love with Cassie or the deadly presence of evil that threatens his village in Alarik’s absence.

Only time will decide the outcome.

What are you currently reading?

I’m usually in the middle of 3 books at a time: one to review, one for enjoyment, and a classic. That being said, here’s what I’m reading….

Enjoyment: The Forgotten Locket by Lisa Mangum.
Review: The Stone of Destiny by Jim Ware.
Classic: The Jungle by Upton Sinclair

What accomplishment(s) are you most proud of that may or may not be writing-related?
Homeschooling my 4 kids, and I’m soon to reach the finishing line. 3 down, 1 to go.

Where do you get ideas for stories?
Tidbits and snippets from other stories I’ve heard. The idea for UNDERCURRENT came from an old family story my mom told me about her mom, Clara Brekke. Sometime back in the early 1900’s, Clara’s father took her two-year-old sister and walked out the front door. Just like that. No bags packed. Not a word about where they were going or when they’d return. Nothing. No one ever heard from them again. As a result, I’ve always been curious about missing people. Assuming they’ve not met with foul play, where exactly do they go?

Favorite scripture and/or quote:

Psalm 121 (love the Living Bible translation best on this passage)
During a dark season in my life when everything slammed into me at once, pulverizing me to shards of glass, this chapter was my light and air.

What are some ways that readers of your books can help you as an author?

E-mail my publisher and tell them you love my writing. E-mail me and let me know what you liked and/or didn’t like (yes, believe it or not, telling the author about an issue you have with their writing makes the author grow). And e-mail my mom so she knows this isn’t a freaky phase I’m going through and people do actually read what I write.

Michelle, your last answer made me laugh! I know the feeling well...
Please take a moment to visit Michelle's website.

You can purchase her book on Amazon, here.

1 comments:

Thanks so much for hosting me today, Jennifer!