This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Thursday, February 03, 2011

New Revelation on Judgment in the House of the Lord

By Jennifer Hudson Taylor

The revelation I'm about to share may not be new to you. In fact, I've sort of known this all along, but recently it became more clear. It is also helping me to understand that I've been looking and waiting for some magnificent event to happen, but it's been happening all along.

The event I'm referring to is this, "For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God?" (I Peter 4:17)

and 

"Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells. Therefore, beloved, looking forward to these things, be diligent to be found by Him in peace, without spot and blameless." (II Peter 3:13-14)

Based on these two scriptures, I've heard so many sermons hint that there is a HUGE judgment coming to Christians--to get us ready for Christ's return. THE CHURCH will change, gain some great revelation, get right, and suddenly become perfect through a glorious end-time revival. Some pastors have even stood in the pulpit and said that Christ cannot return until He gets His house in order. 

I disagree with this concept or interpretation of these scriptures. 

As soon as we come to Christ, our sins are washed by His blood through faith and we become unblemished and spotless--forgiven--over and over. WE are the unblemished church! We, our bodies, are the house of God since He dwells in our hearts. We are judged continuously because, "when we are judged, we are chastened by the Lord, that we may not be condemned with the world." (I Corinthians 11:32)The WORLD has a judgment day, but we have already been judged and cleansed--that is part of His promise! 

How are we chastened now on earth? By the conviction of the Holy Spirit dwelling within us--our conscience--and when we must suffer the consequences of our actions. While non-Christians also have to suffer the consequences of their bad behaviors, they must suffer then and on judgment day. They do not receive mercy from judgment, because they haven't believed and asked for it--repented for their sins.  

"My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor detest His correction; For whom the LORD loves He corrects, Just as a father the son in whom he delights." (Proverbs 3:11-12)

"But Christ as a Son over His own house, whose house we are if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm to the end." (Hebrews 3:6)

I'm curious. Have any of you ever been taught anything similar?

3 comments:

I agree with you. Good message. Annie Dennis Eskridge, author of Sin Abides.

Annie, thanks for stopping by!

My friend Juanita W. sent this to me by email. She receives my blog posts by Feedblitz and wasn't able to leave a comment, so I'm posting it for her.

Yes, I too was taught these things throught my life and I agree with your sharing. I also believe we don't go through the Trib, because that is to judge Israel for not believing, and He saves many through the Trib, and He judges the sin of the world. He won't judge us, as you said, we are forgiven, cleansed and white as snow, and He won't pour His anger upon us, He love us, we are His Bride. His chastening us is better, and it shows us as you said He loves us. Juanita W