This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Word of Inspiration: Why Do Betray Him?

The other day I was listening to the #Bible on my #Kindle and it occurred to me how much people have betrayed God ever since He created us. Even after God performed all the miracles He did for them in delivering them from Egypt's slavery, Israel still made Gods to worship. They made the golden calf while Moses was up on the mountain receiving the 10 Commandments.

Then after being punished in the desert for 40 years, purged and consecrated from other people's influence, they still had false Gods among them when Joshua led them into the promised land. In spite of their betrayal and disobedience, God still gave them the promise. We betray Him today when we deny Him or His ability to fix our lives His way.

Why do you suppose we do this--as a people? I worry about our nation and some of the decisions we've made in recent years.

0 comments: