This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Wednesday, January 05, 2011

Book Review - "Surrender the Heart" by MaryLu Tyndall

By Jennifer Hudson Taylor

This is one of those books that is so good, I had to stop and wonder, will I ever be able to write like that? The characters are so real, their thoughts, pains, fears, situations, everything about them. 

The story is intriguing, entertaining and adventurous. The characters are kept in impossible circumstances that leave you wondering how they will survive. The faith aspect was layered in perfectly, not too much, but just enough that it had me to thinking about my own faith walk. I loved the little boy, Daniel, and his prophetic role. 

I can't imagine anyone wanting to put this book down and when it's over, you keep thinking about it, sorry it's over, tempted to reread it again. At least, that was my experience while reading, Surrender the Heart.

Back Cover Copy
A mistrustful young lady desperate to save her family...


A guilt-driven man desperate to please his...


Both caught on the brink of a war that could change the course of history forever.


On the brink of the War of 1812, Marianne Denton must marry to unlock her inheritance. Without the money, her mother can't receive medical care and her sister will be destitute. But Noah Brenin needs to sail his cargo to England before the war commences in order to prove his worth to his father and make enough  money so he won't have to marry at all.


When Noah walks out on their engagement party, Marianne chases him down and ends up on his merchantman out to sea. The situation worsens when Noah's ship encounters a British man-of-war and the couple is impressed into the British navy.


While a young lad's prophesy of destiny looms over them both, Marianne and Noah are forced to face their darkest fears as they desperately try to escape and fulfill their destinies--destinies that could change the course of the war and history forever.


Purchase the book on Amazon.


Learn more about the author, MaryLu Tyndall

3 comments:

That sounds like a wonderful book, I will have to read it. Thank you for the review.

I just finished Highland Blessings and you can read the review here:
http://shereadsinmn.blogspot.com/2011/01/highland-blessings.html

I loved it! Am I remembering correctly about there being a sequel in the works?

Jessica
www.bygracealone.net

Jessica,

Thank you so much for reading Highland Blessings and posting a review. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

And yes, Highland Sanctuary, releases in Oct 2011. It's Gavin's story.

Sounds like a good book, thanks for sharing.