This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Monday, November 23, 2009

What I'm Thankful For


By Jennifer Hudson Taylor

In the spirit of giving thanks this week, I wanted to share some of my thoughts and the wonderful things I'm thankful for.

I'm thankful for my salvation and the growing relationship I have with Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.

I'm thankful for my loving husband and sweet daughter, and my extended family who are always there to support me and encourage me when things get tough.

I'm so thankful that my daughter has been healed from her life-threatening seizure disorder. Even though this occurred years ago, I'm thankful everyday. Sometimes I'm moved to tears when I think of all she has overcome and the fears that my husband I no longer live with.
(Update: Her seizures came back 3 years later in 2012.)

I'm thankful my daughter is doing so well she was released from speech therapy and occupational therapy last month. We are seeing her overcome more of her delayed developments, and we are so thankful for God's grace to her.

I am thankful that my brother's back surgery went well this past summer and he's recovering just fine.

I am thankful that my youngest brother rededicated his life to God last month. He still has a long way to go to overcome some other issues, but I see him trying and I hear it in his voice every time we talk on the phone. God is so good!

I'm thankful I wasn't laid off from my job this year, and I still pray for my co-workers who were, as well as my family members who have lost their jobs--my father, my brother, and two uncles.

I'm thankful for our health--even though we're getting older and my hubby is now needing bifocals, dental work, and I'm struggling with dry eyes--we are healthy! We can exercise and we have so many abilities that we sometimes take for granted.

I'm thankful we had another year with my father-in-law. Even after triple by-pass heart surgery and lung cancer surgery, and a heart aneurysm that he has to live with, he has outlasted some of the grim projections we received from his doctors. God is still on the throne and with Him all things are possible!

I am thankful for the new addition to our family, my sister's new baby girl, Sarah Elizabeth Moore. She is so precious!

I am thankful that after thirteen years of writing, over 122 rejections, three agents, and seven full-length, completed manuscripts later--I finally have a debut novel coming out this spring! God is so faithful!

I am thankful for my life and this journey God is taking me on--and all the things I don't have time to list. When I sit down to really think about it--I am so humbled by God's grace.

For all things are for your sakes, that grace, having spread through the many, may cause thanksgiving to abound to the glory of God. (2 Corinthians 4:15)

10 comments:

I'm thankful to hear that your writing persistence paid off. It gives writer wannabe's like me encouragement to keep at it. Hope you have many more books to come.
Lee

Praise God for all of your blessings. We all have so much to be thankful for it makes it hard to be negative when you think about God and his mercy on us.
Im so happy your dream of becoming a writer became a reality.
So happy your daughter is healed..that is so scarey. I know because my daughter had two(only tow thank GOd)seziures. Im so glad she didn't have any more then that.

How lucky am I that a Christian writer commented on my blog?! I'm so excited to check out your new book! I'm always looking for CLEAN books to read so I was so excited when I checked out your website! Congratulations! What an accomplishment! I'll let you know what I think about it once I've read it! ;-)

What a lovely collection of high points! Something tells me that thanksgiving is a place in which you reside, not a holiday. How precious.

Blessings,
Kathleen

what a beautiful "enter into His gates" post!

Wow! Great list! Very exciting on your novel!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Beautiful list, Jennifer. We have so much to be thankful for, don't we? Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Jen

Arlee, I'm glad my writing testimony is an encouragement to you!

Amanda, You are very welcome! I hope you enjoy my books when they are released.

Flourchild, Kathleen, Cheryl, Faith Imagined, and Jen,

Thanks for taking a moment to read about the things that I'm thankful for and how God has blessed me. I pray it is an encouragement to anyone who might need hope this season.

Hi Jennifer! First of all thanks for sharing all your blessings! 2nd, thanks for posting your comment on my new blog! This blog thing is kinda weird but I'm enjoying posting my artwork and it is giving me the discipline to do more art. Nice to know someone out there actually read it. 3rd, your story about your sweet daughter and the healing that took place hits home personally to me as we have a son that is a "trisomy kid" and his miracle, birth story needs to be told some day. We are so blessed he is with us and such a miracle boy! Enjoy your book and I'll look for it on the best sellers list! mo