This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Saturday, April 12, 2008

Fog Over the Deep Devotion

Recently, we moved to a new neighborhood. I now drive by a pond and a lake each morning on my way to work. I leave at daybreak. Each time I notice that there is a fresh morning fog hovering over the waters. I'm reminded of the following verse.


"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters." (Genesis 1:1-2)

With each new day, it's a new beginning. We have no idea what we might face. The day is without form and it is a deep unknown until it unfolds with the passing of each second. But regardless of what happened the day before, or what we might have done, one thing is certain. God's mercies are new each day.

2 comments:

I always enjoy looking at water. Enjoy your daily drives

Too true! I take the long way home after dropping off my son each morning so that I can get the view of the ocean. The beauty of Harbour Road always reminds me of God's greatness, and His unfailing mercies toward me.
Glad you're settled in, sounds like a nice place to be!