This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Saturday, March 31, 2007

A Puck and a Prayer

Tonight is faith hockey night with the Charlotte Checkers and they're calling it "A Puck and a Prayer" night. We bought our tickets yesterday and we'll be taking our daughter. My husband used to play hockey as a child. Hockey should be his middle name. If he isn't watching hockey, he's playing hockey on the Xbox 360. I used to tease him that I never got to see him until hockey season was over. I'm impressed that they would include a faith night. I wonder how many other cities and/or sports include at least one faith night?

As more secular publishers open Christian divisions, more sports recognize Christian fans, and more Christian family cruises are available, I believe this will open the doors of a greater witness for us to the rest of the world. I'm sure there are a few die-hard hockey fans who may not be Christians and who will still be there on faith night. God may use this time to plant a few seeds.

"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God."
1 Corinthians 10:31
_______________________________________________________________

Today is my day to blog on F.A.I.T.H. Come on over for a visit!

--- Jennifer Hudson Taylor
www.authorjenniferhudsontaylor.com
Jennifer's Writing Blog

F.A.I.T.H. (A blog of 6 authors who are: Following Always and Intently Trusting Him)

0 comments: