This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Now I Know the Purpose of Traffic

Okay, this month I will have lived in Charlotte, NC for seven months. In case you aren't aware, one of my few complaints about my new city is the traffic. Most of the time my mind is spinning on all the things I could be doing if I were already home or at my destination instead of sitting on the road moving at 5-10 mph. I've been really good about the traffic, but this week the Lord showed me a whole new purpose for waiting through traffic.

The pupose of traffic is: plotting new stories and twists to existing stories.

So now you have it! My new God-given secret is out. I'm not kidding. This week I was actually able to plot four new stories and change the ending to my current WIP with a new tragic and dramatic twist. I could actually envision the scenes taking place in my mind. When this happens, the story in my head just unfolds onto the computer screen. So now I'm not dreading traffic anymore.

_______________________________________________

Today is my day to blog on F.A.I.T.H., go see my post on "Tear Down a Stronghold--Dare to Believe." http://www.writingbyfaith.blogspot.com.

Visit my website at
www.authorjenniferhudsontaylor.com.

2 comments:

Jennifer~
I am so proud for you that you discovered the blessing behind city traffic! I once did the same thing as you. Now, I don't want to go back to commuting to my old stressful job every day, but sometimes I do wish I could be on the road, dreaming up the stories or scenes that I used to.

Those long minutes in traffic that turn out productive make your work day feel a little different, huh? Not so bad going to work every morning and driving the same long commute home, is it?

So happy for you! Keep it up and have your pad and pen handy!!!

Jenn,
My husband bought me one of those hand held tape recorders so I could "write" while in traffic. Story ideas were caught on tape. Now we've moved and the traffic isn't an issue most of the time, but I loved the tape recorder idea.
Of course, you are younger and can probably remember your ideas....not me.