This is an old blog that I started in 2006. I keep it because it has a lot of historical data and people still come here. As of September 2016, no new updates will be made here. All new blog posts and writing/publishing related news will be posted over on my new site at www.jenniferhudsontaylor.net.

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Experiencing Winter JAM 2007!

This past weekend we went to our first Winter JAM in Charlotte, NC. Christian artists such as New Song, Jeremy Camp, Steven Curtis Chapman and Hawk Nelson were part of the line up.

It sold out and we couldn't find seats. Finally, a gentleman gave us his row of three seats. We thought it was such a blessing. We were behind the stage, which meant we were right at the speakers. My nine-year-old daughter was fine until Hawk Nelson came on stage. She cried saying it hurt her ears. It hurt mine too. I think their music was a little too much like hard rock for the two of us. We enjoyed the rest of the show.

The band for Steven Curtis Chapman was The Following. The lead singer and drummer were Steven's teenage sons. They were a great band. They sang a song that Steven's oldest son wrote. I'm sure we'll be hearing more from them. They simply have too much talent to be ignored.

The preaching held a great salvation message, targeting teens and young people. Speaking of teens, they were lined up long before the end of the concert with their posters and CD's to get those special autographs. The "mother" in me couldn't help wondering if some of them were idolizing the stars. I didn't know any of those teens, and yet, I cared about what they thought and how they viewed the celebrities. I am comforted to know that they were there, hearing the Word, and in God's hands.

Visit my website at www.authorjenniferhudsontaylor.com.

1 comments:

Jenn,
I love Christian concerts. Of course, my fav band is David Crowder. I've seen the band three times now and had the honor of meeting David and his bandmate Mike Hogan. They co-wrote a book "Everybody Wants to Go To Heaven, But Nobody Wants to Die."
I wondered what I was going to say to them. And like you, I don't want to praise the stars---it's all about God. So I told them I appreciated how they were using the gifts God gave them to proclaim his Word and Message.